View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Few Questions (Rotations) 
Paying User

so been playing around all day with making my own rotation for leveling my priest. my question is as follows, I have been reading http://vanillabotter.com/vbguide128.html#general, and when I look in other rotations there are more commands then what is noted on the VBguide, So my 1st question is there a master list of all commands for rotations? and my 2nd follow up question is, I have been using cast:### and I am seeing some with and some without, for the spell ID number(I understand how to get it) but my overall question in regards is am I better off using the spell ID or the cast:### command? and if so could someone point me towards a guide in aspect to the spell ID format. Thank You all ahead of time, a lot of great resources for VB and I love it. CHEERS TO A GREAT community!

Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:45 pm
Site Admin

That link is for the free version. With the paid version there have been a bunch of new conditions & commands. http://vanillabotter.com/vbguide.html <- for the current (paid version).

Whether cast or castbyspell is better is just a matter of comfort. If you use cast: you have to modify your profile when you change the position of spells which can be annoying. Also castbyspell will ignore spells that you haven't learned or put on your action bars, which might be desirable as well, i.e. if you take a profile designed for a higher level.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:57 am
Paying User

Lys wrote:
That link is for the free version. With the paid version there have been a bunch of new conditions & commands. http://vanillabotter.com/vbguide.html <- for the current (paid version).

Well, that does explain a bit thank you!

Lys wrote:
Whether cast or castbyspell is better is just a matter of comfort. If you use cast: you have to modify your profile when you change the position of spells which can be annoying. Also castbyspell will ignore spells that you haven't learned or put on your action bars, which might be desirable as well, i.e. if you take a profile designed for a higher level.

Yea started to see that yesterday when I was moving stuff around its gets pretty annoying when you have to keep tabs on where you stick stuff.

This should be my last question for a while, with this spell command castspell:8050;8052;8053;10447;10448;29228 (just cut form a rotation) is there a command within castspell that you can break down for priority? or would you have to set up different parameters, for example, if I wanted an LVL 1 smite to go off when targethp<15 and lvl 2 smite to go off when targethp<30 and lvl 3 smite when targethp<50 and so on? Thanks again I hope that makes some kind of sense. :ugeek:

Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:53 pm
Site Admin

The bot will take the first spell of any of those IDs that it finds, which would be the first that appears on the action bars, from the leftmost on bar 1 to the rightmost on bar 6. If you want it to use specific ranks under different circumstances you will have to break it up into several castspell: actions.

Priority between combat profile actions is determined by order as well though. The first action in the profile has the highest priority, the last one the lowest. Think of the profile as a todo list that the bot continually checks, starting from the top until it has found an action where all conditions are met. And then it starts checking it again from the top.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:48 pm
Paying User

Lys wrote:
The bot will take the first spell of any of those IDs that it finds, which would be the first that appears on the action bars, from the leftmost on bar 1 to the rightmost on bar 6. If you want it to use specific ranks under different circumstances you will have to break it up into several castspell: actions.

Priority between combat profile actions is determined by order as well though. The first action in the profile has the highest priority, the last one the lowest. Think of the profile as a todo list that the bot continually checks, starting from the top until it has found an action where all conditions are met. And then it starts checking it again from the top.

Much appreciated for the inputs, I am running a solid 1276 lines right now. made subdivisions within the scrip for it to run, ill share when I am done. now as i am doing this, is there a kind of command for "if this then that" or is it broken up in actions.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:16 am
Site Admin

lurkinwilli wrote:
is there a kind of command for "if this then that" or is it broken up in actions.

For the most part this can be implicitly defined by using the priority correctly and with appropriate conditions. You can chain actions together more explicitly though by using trigger: and triggeredby:

Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:29 pm
Paying User

Lys wrote:
lurkinwilli wrote:
is there a kind of command for "if this then that" or is it broken up in actions.

For the most part this can be implicitly defined by using the priority correctly and with appropriate conditions. You can chain actions together more explicitly though by using trigger: and triggeredby:

Game Changer!

Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]