View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Hacking "healbot" with casters 
Paying User

I am trying to make a group of 5 to try doing a 5-man with 4 characters using healbot

1 warrior
1 priest
3 mages

The mages are set up with a simple combat profile

//assist/fireball
cast:12
mana>5
distance<35
incombat

Where 12 is a Macro that consists of
/assist mainChar
/cast Fireball(Rank 4)

When I press the macro manually it works. However, it doesn't seem to trigger during combat. I'm testing it right now with just a party of 3: mage/priest/war. The mage is following around my warrior so the healbot is active. It's just not doing anything...

The healbot for the priest is working fine.

Any thoughts?

Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:01 pm
Site Admin

Healbot has a completely different logic and without doing some testing on my own I am not sure what exactly you would have to change. It is certainly possible to get it to attack as healbot, but you would have to use a lot of workarounds.
It should be much simpler to set your mages on rotation mode and have them push the assist macro when in combat and a /follow macro when out of combat.

Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:27 pm
Paying User

Oooooh, what is rotation mode? Is there any documentation on it?

Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:10 pm
Site Admin

Don't think a documentation is really needed. Rotation mode just performs the combat profile the same as in grind mode but it leaves targetting & movement to you (or in your case, the macro that you have it push).

Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:47 pm
Paying User

oh I see..

Ok, just tried it and I might not be doing it right...

//settings for global cooldown
gcd:1500

//cast fireball
cast:12
mana>5
distance<35

//follow
!incombat
cast:14

12 is the /assist & target
14 is /follow mainChar

It's doing 14 fine and following me around. However, I would expect that it would constantly check to see if my mainChar has a target, if so, move into 35 distance and press 12, correct?

However, it doesn't seem to be doing that. The character just stands there.

I was thinking that once I targeted something, it would attack it. Since it's in combat, it would no longer follow my mainChar. Then out of combat, it would follow it again.

Thoughts?

edit --

for some reason it doesn't like 12, when I move it to /assist /cast to 14, it works as expected....

Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:54 pm
Site Admin

fearlesselite wrote:
//follow
!incombat
cast:14

Conditions always have to come after a cast/castspell/use assignment. The way it is there, the !incombat condition still applies to the cast:12 that comes before. Not sure if that is the core of your issue though.

Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:20 pm
Paying User

I think the main challenge is figuring out away around combat/not in combat.

When the tank attacks a target, the mage isn't put into "combat" stage.

Is there a way to check the stage of a target? IE something to the effect of

/target mainChar
if mainChar in combat, cast:12

My understanding is that vanillabotter doesn't have the ability to interpret "if" commands?

Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:36 pm
Site Admin

Ah. For some reason I remembered that if a nearby party member gets into combat then so will you. Probably got added some time after vanilla?
Anyway, technically you can solve this all with just one macro and one action in the combat profile as well.
This little macro should do what you want.
Code:
/target YOURMAINCHARACTERNAME
/script if UnitAffectingCombat("target") then AssistUnit("target"); CastSpellByName("Fireball") else FollowUnit("target") end;

Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:25 pm
Paying User

huh, i didn't know you could do that in wow

I'll check that out. It would be really helpful to offload the work to wow than have to hack around in vanillabotter :-)

Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:29 pm
Paying User

Hey Lys!

This was a clever idea and works really well.

Any thoughts on how to "stop" following? IE - Warrior enters battle, mages end up following him right into battle as well. Unfortunately the mages won't start casting until they've "finished their following path" and are standing still.

I was looking through the API documentation and doesn't seem like there is an ability to "stop following". Something to the effect of "oh, target is in battle, stop following and stand still" That would essentially allow a script/macro to control the keyboard.

I'm assuming this is just a limitation to my approach, but you seem pretty knowledgeable regarding the API.

Thanks so much!

Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next