View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 11:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
WoW's Warden Anti-Cheat System 
Paying User

This never occurred to me until now and I am not sure why. Things like this have been around for a while, and it's a well known fact of what Warden does, but what access/ability does a private servers have into Wardens capabilities? If, let's say Kronos, wanted to activate Warden to its full power could that be done? As in - can they search your operating memory while you play on their server? As far as I know, Warden is an integral part of your WoW client that is installed so it is there regardless (even though most of it has to be server side). I hope someone can shed some light on this! Here's a relatively relevant link...

We all know VanillaBotter is NOT detectable! I am not trying to persuade people otherwise! I would just like to know if the private servers have the same abilities as stated below...

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/4175552684

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html

WHEN RUNNING, THE GAME MAY MONITOR YOUR COMPUTER'S RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY (RAM) AND/OR CPU PROCESSES FOR UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS RUNNING CONCURRENTLY WITH WORLD OF WARCRAFT. AN “UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM” AS USED HEREIN SHALL BE DEFINED AS ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE THAT, WHEN USED SIMULTANEOUSLY OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE GAME, WOULD CONSTITUTE A VIOLATION OF SECTIONS 1, 2 OR 7. IN THE EVENT THAT THE GAME DETECTS AN UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM, BLIZZARD MAY (a) COMMUNICATE INFORMATION BACK TO BLIZZARD, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE ACCOUNT NAME, DETAILS ABOUT THE UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM DETECTED, AND THE TIME AND DATE THE UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM WAS DETECTED; AND/OR (b) EXERCISE ANY OR ALL OF ITS RIGHTS UNDER ANY BLIZZARD AGREEMENT, WITH OR WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO THE USER.

D. MAY MONITOR, RECORD, REVIEW, MODIFY AND/OR DISCLOSE YOUR CHAT SESSIONS, WHETHER VOICE OR TEXT, WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU, AND YOU HEREBY CONSENT TO SUCH MONITORING, RECORDING, REVIEW, MODIFICATION AND/OR DISCLOSURE.

Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:49 am
Paying User

No they dont have... This is pure bullshit.. blizzard may have been able to monitor trough the client if you ran it with admin rights.. but a private server has no connection at all to your client so dont worry

Mon May 22, 2017 8:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]