View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Using proxies to run WoW instances with different IPs 
Site Admin

Using Proxycap
1. Download ProxyCap and install, restart your computer
2. Start pcapui.exe
3. Click on the "New proxy server" button in the top right, enter the IP (Hostname) & port (and authentication data if necessary) from your proxy
4. Make a copy of your WoW.exe in your World of Warcraft folder. Rename it to anything that matches the "WoW"...".exe" pattern, i.e. "wow1.exe"/"wow2.exe"/"wowwhatever.exe"/etc.
5. Click on "Rules" on the left, then the "New Rule Wizard" button in the top right
6. Select "Redirect through proxy" as action and your proxy server -> "Next"
7. Select "Specify" and add the renamed WoW.exe to the list -> click on "Next" until you get to the "Transports" selection. Select both TCP & UDP, "Next", name your rule and finish
8. Click OK and the traffic should be routed via your proxy
(Repeat step 3-7 for each different IP/proxy that you want to use)

General notes
You can try using a free proxy, i.e. from this kind of list, but public proxies are often unreliable, may not work at all or simply block your game traffic. Using private proxies (from your own servers or paid proxy services) is highly advised if you want it to run reliably.

Using Proxifier
1. Download Proxifier, install the setup or use the portable edition
2. Start Proxifier.exe
3. Click on "Profile" -> "Proxy Servers", click on "Add" and enter the IP & port (and authentication data if necessary) from your proxy (Do not make it your default proxy if you don't want all your traffic routed through it!)
4. Make a copy of your WoW.exe in your World of Warcraft folder. Rename it to anything that matches the "WoW"...".exe" pattern, i.e. "wow1.exe"/"wow2.exe"/"wowwhatever.exe"/etc.
5. Click on "Profile" -> "Proxification Rules" -> "Add"
6. Name the proxy rule whatever you like
7. Below the "Applications" list, click on browse. Select the WoW.exe which you copied
8. For "Action" at the bottom, select the proxy that you added in step 3
9. Make sure that the new rule is ticked in the list and that the "Localhost" rule (should be there by default) is also ticked. Click on OK.
10. Start WoW with the .exe that you copied. If everything is in order you will see in the proxifier window that the connection of that WoW.exe run via the proxy
(Repeat step 3-10 for each different IP/proxy that you want to use)

Apparently Proxifier does not tunnel UDP traffic which is required to play WoW. Can still be applied to other programs though if you need it.

Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:16 am
Paying User

hey man.,thx for the guide,
I have just 1 problem.When i try to enter in wow i got a critical eror...
what should i do?

Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:32 am
Paying User

can you help me plz m8?

Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:08 pm
Site Admin

Probably not. What kind of critical error? In WoW? Which program are you using? Have you tried it with a different proxy?

Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:32 pm
Paying User

Hello! Nice guide I should be all set. I was just thinking that have people been getting multiple accounts banned even after these steps. What I mean is that are they also looking at computer ID's (the name of the computer) or something like that?

Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:34 am

Lys wrote:
Using Proxycap
1. Download ProxyCap and install, restart your computer
2. Start pcapui.exe
3. Click on the "New proxy server" button in the top right, enter the IP (Hostname) & port (and authentication data if necessary) from your proxy
5. Click on "Rules" on the left, then the "New Rule Wizard" button in the top right
6. Select "Redirect through proxy" as action and your proxy server -> "Next"
7. Select "Specify" and add the renamed WoW.exe to the list -> click on "Next" until you get to the "Transports" selection. Select both TCP & UDP, "Next", name your rule and finish
8. Click OK and the traffic should be routed via your proxy
(Repeat step 3-7 for each different IP/proxy that you want to use)

General notes
You can try using a free proxy, i.e. from this kind of list, but public proxies are often unreliable, may not work at all or simply block your game traffic. Using private proxies (from your own servers or paid proxy services) is highly advised if you want it to run reliably.

This is a nice guide to run multiple WoW instances using proxies. Thanks for sharing it here.

Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]