View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Any updates in the pipeline Lys? 
Paying User

Hey Lys,

Are you planning on doing an update, with more features in the future?
Last patch/update was about a year ago.

I dont think people would mind paying more for your software, maybe make a v2.0? that costs abit more?

Thanks in advance

Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:31 am
Paying User

It would be nice but the problem is that it would have to be tailored to a specific version of WoW, and you couldn't really go for paid WoW, so the number of paying customers is minimal. Yes, there are quite a few people who use and people who come and go just for short periods but for a game that is so old it's not worth anyone's time unless it was for private use and wasn't something that had to be programmed for public use. There's more to life than WoW and someone has to spend the time to do it - and if you can't make it a job that you get paid enough for then you have to find something different and that takes time too.

Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:22 am
Site Admin

Sadly I am way too busy with other projects/things in life now and my interest in WoW has also faded quite a bit over the last years. Additionally, the code base of the bot is not very well written which means that any "bigger" feature would warrant a major overhaul of the code. And that would take a lot of time.
So don't expect anything anytime soon.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:39 pm
Paying User

With retail Vanilla coming out again it might be worth something to think about. Have read there will be a playable demo 2018 Blizzcon or 2019 Blizzcon. Obviously will not be the same game and many many things will be different as far as how the bot was built but as mentioned before; you have the setup for everything and they can only change so much or it wouldn't be Vanilla. I'm sure auto attack will still be auto attack but different code ran. Change how the bot reads and manipulates that code and it should roughly be the same. I'm not an advanced programmer or anything so don't quote me but it seems the underlying principles are there which is half the work IMO and those shouldn't change because it's the same game (on the outside of course). When the bot pushes W to walk, it will still have to push W to walk in retail.
I know that you had attempted pixel searching and is how fishing works but I could guarantee that if you even made a cut-down basic version of the bot with minimal use and pixel search you would have a lot of attention. Not as simple as it sounds but it's an idea.

Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:59 am
Site Admin

I don't intend to modify the bot to work with retail, the recent fate of Honorbuddy and the well known fate of Glider is enough deterrence for me. I have no interest of getting into a legal battle with Blizzard, since they have slightly more means to fight such a battle than I do.

Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]