View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
My view of the GLOBAL COOLDOWN 
Paying User

Hi everyone!
First of all I want to thank Lys for this great piece of software!

ROTATION BOT:

I've bought VB and I've started experimenting a little bit. As a software engineer, I'm interested in the mechanics of the bot. For what I can understand, it seems like the global cooldown is not "checked" (like having some type of a CanCast() function), but "calculated" from the spell cast execution.
This means that if I stand still and target an enemy in range, my toon casts the spell (almost) instantly. That's ok. If I'm moving and target the enemy, I get the usual message saying the spell cannot be cast while moving. Well, stopping quickly, I have to wait another fraction of second for the spell to be cast, it seems like the bot started calculating the 1500ms GCD from the message.
So I think the bot is calculating the global cooldown when it TRIES to cast, even if the spell is not castable.

Having this little lag in the range [0,1500]ms while grinding is not a problem, in pvp, you must have a super fast reaction, and that would be important.

Thanks Lys again and keep up the good work.

Sbr

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:28 pm
Site Admin

Yes, the GCD is calculated. However, in the combat profile you can reduce it to any value you'd like (i.e. 500 or even lower) and then the bot will try to cast things quicker. Keep in mind that in any case the bot adds a small amount of time (150-200ms) on top of the GCD to account for latency in any case and that it can take a few milliseconds for the key press to go through as well (especially when it has to switch bars first).
That is, if you don't mind the slightly increased amount of red "Can't cast right now" messages.

Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]