View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 7:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Banned on Kronos for fish botting 
Paying User

Hi,

I have been fish botting a bit on Kronos until today when my account got banned. I'm not sure how the GM pinned me, but this is what I experienced from my side.

I have a laptop right beside me so I can react quickly if there is any problem and I only bot 1-2 hours at a time. Today when my character was fishing with the bot on the coast of Tanaris I get the sound alert when my character was teleported to GM island. I believe I only got teleported there and then back again to my fishing spot within a few seconds. Then I get kicked from the server before I can even say "Hello?" in say. When I contested it saying I was just fishing while watching a movie and got teleported around and banned without warning the lead GM just said "get a better fishbot". I was running the 1.8.9c version of Vanilla botter.

Not sure if you can get anything useful from this, but this is my story at least.

Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:47 pm
Paying User

I have a short follow up on this post. I have been legit since my account got banned and have also done a bit of fishing. I have the WoW client on second monitor while watching Youtube etc. so it's as close to botting as possible ;)

At one time my character got flipped around so it was facing land instead of water. If this was a rogue distracting me I didn't hear any sound effect from it (Which I think you should?). My guess is that this was a GM testing to see how I reacted. I had already been fishing in the same spot for two hours straight so they might find that suspicious?

This had already happened at least a couple of times a while before my account got banned. I assumed it was rogues going around sabotaging fish botters and didn't think much of it. Seems it could be one of the methods the GMs use to catch botters, and I was already pegged long before the episode when they teleported me around. What Vanilla botter did at least was to keep attempting to cast fish while staring into land.

Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]