View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Wandcasting 
Paying User

Having horrible issues with the bot not wanting to stop wandcasting to cast a spell. Only way I have found to work around this is to specifically tune the profile to mana and hp values to start and stop wandcasting and spells which becomes very limited. Or using a trigger for each spell to stop wandcasting, which channelingtime does not play out its' length before activating a triggeredby command so it is there in itself limited or else the bot takes an extra GCD to change from wandcasting to not.

Please fix wandcasting? :)

This is what I'm talking about, BTW. These are the extra tiggers to stop wandcasting and would work ok if channelingtime commands played their length before activating a trigger.

Attachment:
File comment: Test Priest
#3 Priest - Wand Cooldowns.cpr [3.13 KiB]
Downloaded 144 times

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:24 pm
Paying User

Wandcasting spell cooldown and channeling time is based on your current wand. Some vary from 1.5seconds to 3.5 seconds. To use wand properly you must incorporate that into your profile with nogcd command!

Tried countless things and the best solution I can come up with that doesn't make the bot confused or stand still is forcing an instant cast spell to cast while wand casting to turn off casting.
Example being -

//renew wand casting
castspell:
selfbuff!
selfhp<
wandcasting

//renew not wand casting
castspell:
selfbuff!
selfhp<
!wandcasting

Renew is above all other spells to ensure it will cast and turn off wand casting and wand casting command is at the very bottom of the profile to ensure that it will cast AFTER everything else.

Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:14 am
Paying User

Have encountered another problem - server side on the realm. Auto casting gets stuck with the animation on spell bar red (as it's casting) but there is no wand active. This also works to turn off wandcasting, auto attack -

castspell:6603
wandcasting
selfhp<50 (or whatever you need)
incombat
havetarget
cooldown:8000
channelingtime:1520 (Based on wand speed)

This works well for a priest -

castspell:6603
cooldown:6080
channelingtime:1520
backpedal:0050
wandcasting
!autoattacking
incombat
havetarget

Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:57 pm
Paying User

the spell that actually triggers wand casting to stop won't cast because the wand is in the middle of shooting (setting channeling cannot fix this because it doesnt start channeling with every swing)

as far as I know there is no way to sync the bot up with your swing except to have a dummy command and hope it takes long enough to fail for the real command to go through, like this example, where I want to interrupt wandcasting to cast Power Word Shield:

Code:
//(interrupt): "stop wandcasting when it's time to cast PW:S" - bug fix hack - spell interrupted error
castspell:17;592;600;3747;6065;6066;10898;10899;10900;10901
selfbuff!6788;17;592;600;3747;6065;6066;10898;10899;10900;10901
wandcasting
//could add some channeling here to ensure the next cast actually goes off

//Power Word: Shield - hopefully actually have time to cast it this time
castspell:17;592;600;3747;6065;6066;10898;10899;10900;10901
selfbuff!6788;17;592;600;3747;6065;6066;10898;10899;10900;10901
cooldown:4200;2
incombat
!wandcasting

so basically the second cast effectively has 'wandcasting' since the first cast will turn it off and yield execution to the second cast instantly

yeah maybe some channeling time with cast sequence could make this a bit more fail safe
or if there was just some way to control the length of a short pause after stopping the wand action without some ugly hack like this

Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:47 am
Paying User

as for the wand attack reset problem, it's absolute fucking bullshit
lights hope purposely broke it, ancient private servers have this fixed. Why, I don't know, those guys are fucking morons in general.

Last edited by nipplefucker69 on Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:53 am
Paying User

Actually it seems that the way MANGOS core works is not correct compared to the way Blizzard had it. The scripting is off and has not improved on any server. The best option I have come up with is using an instant cast to stop wandcasting, or use backpedal. You can sometimes control the cooldown and channelingtime per wand speed to compensate but it can be tricky. Best bet is to keep cooldown:2500 channelingtime:2000. Gives your bot a .5 second head start to cast another spell to break wandcasting.

Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:00 am
Paying User

SUCCESS has been achieved!

This took a .. ton of tinkering and I have managed to get it to work with priest (most importantly), warlock and mage.
Here's the deal...

//cancel wand
castspell:(wand)

//all your attack spells
castspell

//still more attack spells
castspell

//more attack spells etc....
castspell

//finally at the end is where you have cast wand

For this to work PROPERLY you are required to keep your mana for combat spells above a certain amount - for all of them - and your wand casting below a certain mana amount.

Priest example -

//cast wand to cancel wand
//only if mana>20 *note the 20%*

//cast mind blast
castspell
mana>20

//cast power word: pain
castspell
mana>20

//cast wand to attack
//only if mana<20 *note the 20%*

It really is that simple.. Hinders your use of using specific mana values to trigger things but it sure beats the lag time. I have it set to cast mind flay only if shield is active and mana>20, wand only if shield is active, shield is active 100% of the time and to cast mind blast and shadow word: pain in rotation before and after shield. When mana drops to specified amount, wand starts. Bot then wands and waits for mana to stop wand casting. Begins casting spells till mana is low enough to cast wand again.

The way this was technically achieved was by putting spells with a cooldown below cancel wand attack and all others above it, since they would cast to cancel wand anyways.

Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]