View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Classic WoW 
Paying User

I am sure this question is on everyone's mind. Will Vanilla Botter be available for Classic WoW? I know retail WoW has a Warden that scans your computer for known bots(Honorbuddy) but does it also scan for changes in memory? If so, is the future of WoW bots pixel based? I understand it will be hard to market vanilla botter if they scan for it in particular, however I would pay reasonably well for my own private bot.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:44 am
Site Admin

Won't happen, precisely due to what happened to HonorBuddy. My interest and means to fight a legal battle against Blizzard over this are nowhere near what Bossland had and they failed.

Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:10 pm

That's a shame but I do understand. I was going to ask did try to get the bot to run in the Classic demo that's currently available.

Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:30 pm
Paying User

Does the new warden scan for changes in memory? Is that how it detects bots?

Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:07 pm
Paying User

Won't matter but bots in general do not 'require' memory scanning to work. Warden, more or less from my knowledge, scans your operating memory and running tasks, etc..., for anything malicious that IT knows or anything that runs code in a way that could be used to hack or automate the game.

Ever use or hear of Cheat Engine? Warden, and almost all anti-cheat systems, will not let you play WoW with it running regardless if you change the name or what not.

(Telling a program to use the mouse or click a window if it finds this color wouldn't flag Warden because there are so many programs that do this including common AV's. I do not know how VB was made or if it scans memory but it would not work for Classic anyways since the code is based on WoW 1.12.1 and nothing else.)

Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]