View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Longtime HonorBuddy user got some questions 

Hi,

I was thinking of starting a new char on Elysium a.k.a Nostalrius to try out vanilla WoW.
I am an old time HonorBuddy user and I usually use it for combat only (moving manually) and noticed that this bot was available.
I have never heard of this bot before so I have no knowledge about it and before I make a purchase I would like to ask you:

- Are there any good profiles for combat only? ..Seems like some threads in this forum are old so it's difficult to know if things are up to date.
-- Are you able to use them from level 1?
--- Are there any advanced ones for raiding purposes?
---- Do you recommend playing a specific class for best performance?

Thanks!

Last edited by pewtato on Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:51 pm
Paying User

pewtato wrote:
Hi,

I was thinking of starting a new char on Elysium a.k.a Nostalrius to try out vanilla WoW.
I am an old time HonorBuddy user and I usually use it for combat only (moving manually) and noticed that this bot was available.
I have never heard of this bot before so I have no knowledge about it and before I make a purchase I would like to ask you:

- Is there any good profiles for combat only? ..Seems like some threads in this forum are old so it's difficult to know if things are up to date.

Thanks!

Dude, it differs from HB so much, praise God if you manage to lvl up your character to 60. I'm using paid version and it often gets wrecked by absolute random shit, first i tried to understand why it doesn't work, then i gave up, because it's beyond any logic. For example i set it as mage for grinding profile, gain a few levels, stop the program, go to town for item sell, then i return to exact same spot, not touching anything, set the bot for grinding and it doesnt work...like at all, for example my mage starts conjuring over and over again till inventory gets full, instead of throwing fireballs. Very primitive software.

Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:00 pm
Site Admin

It is not Honorbuddy, yes. But then again, it is just me who developed this, not a whole team of devs... @BoobaFat, the conjuring problem usually occurs when you have multiple food/drinks on your action bars. You sure that is not the case?
Anyway, to your actual questions:
Quote:
- Is there any good profiles for combat only? ..Seems like some threads in this forum are old so it's difficult to know if things are up to date.

What good is depends a lot on your perception and what kind of rotation you actually want to run. The ones listed mostly work for general purposes, for high-dps you would probably need to do some tweaking based on how you want it to run. "Out of date" doesn't really mean much since the 1.12.1 patch hasn't changed over the years.
Quote:

Some, yes. Specifically those made by bin4ry and l0ctus are made to work from 1-60.
Quote:

Not that I know of, at least none specific ones. Again as said, this would depend on your build and how you want it to run.
Quote:

Mages and warlocks with a tanky pet work the best since they have the least downtime. Mages can just conjure more food/drink and warlocks, depending on level and gear, might not even need food or drink.

Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:16 pm
Paying User

BoobaFat wrote:
pewtato wrote:
Hi,

Thanks!

Dude, it differs from HB so much, praise God if you manage to lvl up your character to 60. I'm using paid version and it often gets wrecked by absolute random shit, first i tried to understand why it doesn't work, then i gave up, because it's beyond any logic. For example i set it as mage for grinding profile, gain a few levels, stop the program, go to town for item sell, then i return to exact same spot, not touching anything, set the bot for grinding and it doesnt work...like at all, for example my mage starts conjuring over and over again till inventory gets full, instead of throwing fireballs. Very primitive software.

Like with other Bots (including HonorBuddy) Stopping and starting will sometimes make it act up. All you have to do is a Refresh or restart if you must stop and start the bot.

Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]