View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Banned on Nameless server because... 
Paying User

GM shows up. I was at the PC watching to see what happened and he spawns a mob, lets me attack it, kills it, then spawns another, lets me attack it, kills it....

Stop bot. Look around. /wave /ponder asked what's going on...

GM: "We both know why I'm here."

Me: "Ummm it's not because of forum posts, is it?"

GM: "You have a good reaction time. Less than .1ms."

Me: "Sure do, it helps."

GM: "Are we going to play stupid or will you admit it? Punishment severity ranges based on your repsonse."

Me: I have no idea what you're talking about

GM: "We obviously know what's going on here. Why else would we be right here at this spot at this time?"

Me: "Alright, I understand. Thank you for letting me play...etc etc...."

Asked how he caught me and he said it was reports from other players. Guessing I was in a spot too long or was grinding too long, online for too long. Not quite sure. They gave me a 7day IP/account ban and said take this time to think about what you've done :P

Be warned! Use the logout feature and the paranoia feature! I was not using mine... Botted from literally level 1 to 40s. Was using the healbot too which may have been the dead giveaway, considering they popped up on that character and not others.

Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:06 pm
Paying User

Can you PM me the server that it was on? I am interested in which GMs talk to you instead of just porting you to GM prison and seeing if you continue botting

Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:29 am
Paying User

I was running the bot literally 24/7 non stop. The server allowed multiboxing so I had 2 WoW's open and running a priest and a warlock off VB. This was TheRebirth server.

Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:53 pm
Paying User

Ah, I see. I remember botting on the rebirth back in the day, they are pretty hardcore because of how small the population is, they can hunt people down

Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:32 am
Paying User

garbear121 wrote:
GM shows up. I was at the PC watching to see what happened and he spawns a mob, lets me attack it, kills it, then spawns another, lets me attack it, kills it....

Stop bot. Look around. /wave /ponder asked what's going on...

GM: "We both know why I'm here."

Me: "Ummm it's not because of forum posts, is it?"

GM: "You have a good reaction time. Less than .1ms."

Me: "Sure do, it helps."

GM: "Are we going to play stupid or will you admit it? Punishment severity ranges based on your repsonse."

Me: I have no idea what you're talking about

GM: "We obviously know what's going on here. Why else would we be right here at this spot at this time?"

Me: "Alright, I understand. Thank you for letting me play...etc etc...."

Asked how he caught me and he said it was reports from other players. Guessing I was in a spot too long or was grinding too long, online for too long. Not quite sure. They gave me a 7day IP/account ban and said take this time to think about what you've done :P

Be warned! Use the logout feature and the paranoia feature! I was not using mine... Botted from literally level 1 to 40s. Was using the healbot too which may have been the dead giveaway, considering they popped up on that character and not others.

Hehe cool story :).

My first bot got banned at level 46 ish, didnt use logout or paranoia either, which is a big mistake. You have to be patient for your bot to reach 60 :).
I've now got a second bot dinging 60 very soon :).

Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]